|Facebook introduces(Add A Legacy Contact)|
This was a shocking pop up I got today after I got an update on playstore! So far so good, we have gathered lots of information about the “Add a Legacy contact”.
Add a Legacy Contact
- Manage tribute posts on your profile, which includes deciding who can post and who can see posts, deleting posts, and removing tags.
- Request the removal of your account
- Respond to new friend requests
- Update your profile picture and cover photo
Note: Your legacy contact can only manage posts made after you’ve passed away. They won’t be able to post as you or see your messages.
There are two options for you to select on what to do after you pass away:
|Delete or don’t delete|
Once someone lets us know you’ve passed away, no one will be able to see your profile again.
By keeping your Facebook account, friends and family will be able to visit your profile and share memories.
- Write a pinned post for your profile (example: to share a final message on your behalf or provide information about a memorial service).
- View posts, even if you had set your privacy to Only Me.
- Decide who can see and who can post tributes, if the memorialized account has an area for tributes.
- Delete tribute posts.
- Change who can see posts that you’re tagged in.
- Remove tags of you that someone else has posted.
- Respond to new friend requests (example: old friends or family members who weren’t yet on Facebook).
- Update your profile picture and cover photo.
- Request the removal of your account.
- Turn off the requirement to review posts and tags before they appear in the tributes section, if you had timeline review turned on.
- Download a copy of what you’ve shared on Facebook, if you have this feature turned on.
Your legacy contact can’t:
- Log into your account.
- Read your messages.
- Remove any of your friends or make new friend requests.
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy
Where can I set the “Add a Legacy Contact”?
|Add a Legacy Contact|
- ⭕ Simply go to your Facebook app
- ⭕ Settings
- ⭕ Scroll to where you see Account ownership and control
- ⭕ Now select memorialization settings
That is all for now!
Thank you for reading through!
Don’t forget to subcribe to our newsletter for more exclusive update.