|Facebook introduces(Add A Legacy Contact)
This was a shocking pop up I got today after I got an update on playstore! So far so good, we have gathered lots of information about the “Add a Legacy contact”.
Here is a detailed information on what it is all about!
Add a Legacy Contact
This lets you Choose someone to manage your Facebook profile if you pass away. They will be able to care for your memorialized profile or delete it.
On selecting a legacy contact they’l be able to do the following:
- Manage tribute posts on your profile, which includes deciding who can post and who can see posts, deleting posts, and removing tags.
- Request the removal of your account
- Respond to new friend requests
- Update your profile picture and cover photo
Note: Your legacy contact can only manage posts made after you’ve passed away. They won’t be able to post as you or see your messages.
There are two options for you to select on what to do after you pass away:
|Delete or don’t delete
Delete Account After Death?
This is to be selected if you don’t want a Facebook account after you pass away, you can request to have your account permanently deleted instead of choosing a contact.
⚠️Yes, Delete After Death
Once someone lets us know you’ve passed away, no one will be able to see your profile again.
⚠️No, Don’t Delete
By keeping your Facebook account, friends and family will be able to visit your profile and share memories.
A legacy contact is someone you choose to look after your account if it’s memorialized. If you add a legacy contact, that person will be able to make decisions
about your account once it is memorialized.
Your legacy contact can:
- Write a pinned post for your profile (example: to share a final message on your behalf or provide information about a memorial service).
- View posts, even if you had set your privacy to Only Me.
- Decide who can see and who can post tributes, if the memorialized account has an area for tributes.
- Delete tribute posts.
- Change who can see posts that you’re tagged in.
- Remove tags of you that someone else has posted.
- Respond to new friend requests (example: old friends or family members who weren’t yet on Facebook).
- Update your profile picture and cover photo.
- Request the removal of your account.
- Turn off the requirement to review posts and tags before they appear in the tributes section, if you had timeline review turned on.
- Download a copy of what you’ve shared on Facebook, if you have this feature turned on.
We may add more capabilities for legacy contacts in the future.
Your legacy contact can’t:
- Log into your account.
- Read your messages.
- Remove any of your friends or make new friend requests.
Note: You must be 18 or older to select a legacy
Where can I set the “Add a Legacy Contact”?
|Add a Legacy Contact
- ⭕ Simply go to your Facebook app
- ⭕ Settings
- ⭕ Scroll to where you see Account ownership and control
- ⭕ Now select memorialization settings
That is all for now!
Thank you for reading through!
Don’t forget to subcribe to our newsletter for more exclusive update.